We went camping up by swift dam at the end of May. We had so much fun there. It was so nice to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather. We left on Thursday night after James got home from work. (It doesn't get dark here till 10pm so we had plenty of light to set up camp). We took the dogs with us so we wouldn't have to have some one come over and feed them. We got all set up and hung out for a little while waiting for the sun to go down so we could go to sleep. James was up bright and early (4am) to go and try to find a black bear to hunt. He had a tag burning a hole in his pocket that he needed to try and fill. A little while after he left I felt an impression to say a prayer that he wouldn't run into any
grizzly bears. Thinking nothing of it I rolled over and went back to sleep.
Araya and I woke up about 9am (it was great being able to sleep in). We hung out and ate a little breakfast while we waited for James to come back. He rolls in around noon (hot and sweaty since it had hit 90 degrees that day). He was so excited, guess what?! He had hiked 7 miles in on a trail and couldn't cross the river so he turned around and came back. On his way back as he was crossing the creek that there was a
grizzly bear foot print on top of his foot print. I was so glad that he came home safe. When I told him that I had said a prayer I got in a lot of trouble!! ( he really wants to see a
grizzly bear). We were both glad that he returned safe. We went and hiked the trail the next day, he wanted to show me print. I took a picture of it but you could barely see it. For all you hunting experts out there you might be able to pick it out better than I did. It was a great weekend and we had tons of fun!
3 comments:
What beautiful pictures!!! Looks like a great time, hopefully you will get to go more this summer!
So glad your back into the bloggin world. That Araya is the cutest stinkin' thing!! Keep the pix coming.
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Araya is getting so big. The girls really want to come and visit! We'll have to see what I can do about that. My parents came home so excited and could talk about nothing else but Montana for days. It's our turn now I quess. Say Hi to James for us and give Araya kisses from the girls!
Post a Comment