Ok, I haven't blogged in two months, I got a virus on my computer and it took me a couple weeks to figure out what was wrong. By then I had 50 pictures and just kept putting it off. Now I am up to 200 pictures so bare with me and I will try to get caught up some time soon!!
This snow storm came from the end of April and dropped 2 1/2 feet of snow in 2 days. It seemed like it snowed forever. We couldn't believe the amount of snow there was.
We had to broken trees that we had to cut down, luckily they were trees that needed to be trimmed up or ripped out so no loss there.
This is one of the trees in the front yard, it looked like there were snow blossoms all over it.
The ledge of snow on our roof above our front door. We were trying to keep it there for unwanted visitors, but it didn't last very long before it broke off.
A Picture of my truck. I looked outside and there was an inch of snow around the antenna. By the time I ran to get my camera and came back it had fallen off. It was pretty cool to see, I wish I would have been able to get a picture of it.
This is the pile of snow in front of our door, our grill was under there and it is completely covered.
The last one is James out clearing the sidewalk. Little did he know that he wouldn't be able to see the side walk in a couple of hours. We decided to go rent a movie since we were stuck in the house. As we were driving we saw an old lady out shoveling her side walk. James turned around and went and helped her. She was a teacher at the school here. After about 5 mins James broke her shovel. We felt so bad but she insisted that the shovel was old and not to worry about it. Not wanting to the the job unfinished we hopped back in the truck and ran home and got our shovel. After her house was completed, we decided to drive around and make sure all the single old ladies in our ward had there sidewalks cleared. (A couple days latter the school teacher brought us cookies and a thank you card, which was very nice of her). We checked a couple of houses and they had already been cleared so we decided to do the mosses house. I wanted a turn so I hopped out and shoveled the sidewalk. I got all the way to the stairs and made to much noise and we got caught!! They invited us in and gave us some fresh baked cookies, which were delicious. It felt so good to get out and do some service. This ward really has done a lot for us and it was nice to give back.



0 comments:
Post a Comment