Friday, January 1, 2010

Climbing


Araya loves to climb, with that in mind lets go back to the beginning when she took her first climb.  She learnd how to climb up her slide before she could walk.  Oh yes it is true, she would climb up and slide down.  Once she had that mastered and started walking she started so explore other options like my stepper.  She climbed up here and was so proud of herself.  She was excited even though I couldn't capture it on camera.  Then she moved on to the dryer.  It didn't take her long to figure out how to get in there.  We also have a front load washer but it moves really easy so it took her a couple of days to master that one.  When we came back from Arizona we decided to put her on the bottom bunk instead of the crib. She does really well and can climb on and off the bed.  Well about a month ago she started expanding her climbing skills starting with the changing table. She would climb onto her bed, through the bars onto the changing table then up on top of the top bunk.  luckily she would cry after she got up there so I could come and get her down. She loved being up hi, she would play and play up there.  Sometimes I would have a really hard time getting her down.  She never leaned over the edge because she new she would fall.  (we worked on that while we were camping since she kept getting up on the table. So one day I made her walk off the edge.  Of course I caught her so breath a sigh of relief!!  But the second time she was a little more cautious but still walked off the edge.  By the third time she wouldn't step off the edge she just leaned over for me to catch her.  Lesson learned and we haven't had a problem since.) I am so glad she catches on quickly.  Once  she mastered climbing up on the top bunk she moved onto the kitchen table.   More stuff to play with on there I guess.  She is on it all the time dancing and playing.  The things that entertain her amaze me. 



0 comments: