Sunday, January 17, 2010

Supposed 24hr bug...really gross, weak hearted beware!

2 weeks ago we all got sick. Fun fun, let me tell ya. It started at 10 pm after church Araya woke up crying, not unusual for her, so we waited a couple of minutes to see if she would settle down. The crying just got worse so I got up to check on her. There was puke all over her bed. Poor thing, she has never thrown up before, and I can count on both hands the amount of times she spit up as a baby. So this was new for me too. I all cleaned up and we went and laid one the couch since she wasn't feeling good at all and just wanted to be held. She spent the next couple of hours puking her guts out. She would throw up then look at me like I needed to save her and why was this happening. Around midnight I got diarrhea. Totally can handle that, I hate throwing up. So every 15 minutes I was cleaning up puke or in the bathroom. James had to work the next day so I tried my hardest to let him sleep. Not going to happen pour guy. I then started to throw up around 2 am. It was probably one of the hardest things I have had to do. How can you comfort your child in one arm as she is puking in the sink while you are throwing up at the same time. I felt so bad for her, I couldn't do it by my self any more. I had to wake James up. I have to say that I have the best husband in the world. he got up helped me clean everything up and he took care of us all night and all the next day. He brought us anything we needed and started washing all the dirty towels and blankets. He stayed home from work to help us. He was really amazing and I don't think I could have made it with out him. By Tuesday morning I was 100% better but araya was still sick. She lived on crackers and watered down juice all weak. I was really hoping that James wouldn't get sick because he took such good care of us, but as luck would have it he too became sick on Wednesday. He got over it fast and was better by Thursday afternoon. Araya on the other hand was still sick, she was puking and every other day would have diarrhea. So on Friday I took her to the doctor and he said that it was just her intestines being out of whack from the bug and it might take her a little longer to recover. He said just to keep doing what I was doing. By Saturday I had had enough. I was just plain tired. Araya was puking every night so neither of us were getting any sleep. We decided to give her a blessing. I am so grateful for our neighbors and there willingness to come over at 10:30 at night to give Araya a blessing. They blessed her that she would be able to have the white blood cells and antibodies to over come the sickness. Also that she was very loved by her Heavenly Father. James also blessed her that she would listen to her mother (ya loved that part) and would continue to learn and grow. He told her that she would be running around like her old self in a couple of days. She slept all that night and was back to her old self the next day. She was starving wanting to eat everything in sight. Up till now she hadn't had very much of an appetite. I think she ate to much that day, she threw up that night before bed, but it was different than before. By Sunday she was completely better and was her usually rowdy self. I am so grateful for blessings and the help we can receive through them

0 comments: