Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Girls Camp

James is in the bishopbric and is assigned over the Young men and Young women.  This year the YM/YW went on the treck so the behives had there own girls camp since they weren't able to go on the treck.  They needing a priesthood member to go along, we volunteered to go with them to camp.  There were only three girls and the Young Women President there with us.  It was alot of fun.  We slept in tents and (the girls had to pitch there own which was quite fun to watch). 


Once we got camp all set up we did some girls camp certifacations before we set off for our 5 mile hike. 


We got started on our hike up to Hour Lake.  It was so much fun, the girls we going so fast and Kim goes hiking all the time had no problem keeping up with them.  Then there was me on the other hand, taking every switch back I could to keep up.  They were really good about waiting for me though.  A couple of times I got ahead of the girls and they just couldn't figure out how I was doing it.  We went most of the hike before they figured it out.  Then after that it was all over and we were racing to see who could find the switch backs.  It was a great hike and the area was so beautiful.  We stopped at the bottom of the lake for lunch and enjoyed the area around us.  I saw some of the most beautiful flowers.  I handn't ever seen some like these.


After lunch we decieded not to hike to the lake, it was another hour hike and it was starting to get late.  So we headed back down the mountain.  We were almost to the bottom and the girls were way ahead of us. So kim and I saw what we thought was a switch back so we headed down it to beat the girls to the truck.  Well after about a half mile we realized that this wasnt' a switch back and that we were going the wrong direction.  We turned around and high tailed it back to the trail hoping that nothing happened to the girls.  We got back on the trail and decided to fake them out since they got so far ahead of us.  We pretended that I had fallen and sprained my ankle.  The girls felt so bad for being ahead of us and proceeded to splint my leg.  They even carried me for a little while.  Then the trail narrowed and it was really hard to manouver so we had to come clean that I was faking.  They felt so good and relieved that I wasn't hurt.  Come to find out they all had said silent prayers that I would be ok and they would be able to get me back to the truck. We went back to camp and had dinner.  

Araya loved the watermelon and ate 3 pieces.  We had to hide it so she would stay out of it.
The next morning we woke up and the girls made us breakfast.  Pancakes, eggs and patatos. Camp breakfasts are the best. 

After Breakfast we got everything packed up and walked up a little trail to the waterfalls that were right next to our camp.  They were so pretty, the girls crawled up to the top of the falls, to get a better look.  James had to work that evening so we headed back home with some great memories.

0 comments: