Sunday, May 23, 2010

James Mason Stanley

Mason arrived at 1:25 am on May 20th, 2010.  A  week before I had asked Dr. Barron to strip my membranes so I cold go into labor a little earlier.  He was guesstimating that Mason was 5 to 5 1/2lbs so I was kind of glad that it didn't work the first time.  Although it was not with out contractions and was one of the longest nights of my life.  The following week on the 19th, Dr. Barron Stripped my membranes again and he was sure that I would go into labor that night.  We went over to the Niebouhr's house to let the kids play while the boys were at scouts.  I started having contractions around 4pm but they were an hour apart.  We decided to do kungfu yoga on the WII (this was about 9:00pm) and my contractions really started to kick in.  Carrie helped me time them and they were lasting 1 min and were 2 mins apart.  Not wanting to be sent home from the hospital  I was determined to wait until my water had broke to go in.  We decided to head home around 10pm and my contractions were pretty intense so Brandon drove me home and as I got out of the truck I had one more big contraction and I new it was time.  We went inside and I told James we needed to get to the hospital. 

 He took a quick shower and a picture of my belly and we were there by 10:30pm.  Labor  was a little different with Araya,  my contractions with Mason were from the beginning painful, with Araya they started out slow and worked there way up.  When we got there they checked me and I was a 2 so they called Dr. Barron in and he got there around 11  and checked me  and broke my water, I was a 3.  By this time I was dying and was asking for pain meds.  (I had to wait till I was a 4 to get my interthickal).  Near tears and the IV meds not doing a dang thing but making me loopy, I begged Dr. Barron for my interthickal. 
He checked me again at 11:30 and I was a 4.  Rick showed up by 12 and had my drugs by 12:30am.  Masons heart rate started dropping so Dr Barron came in a checked me again at 1, and low and behold, I am ready to push. We were joking around when he had first arrived and he said he would have this baby here between 1 and 1:30am, me not wanting to disappoint, I delivered him at 1:25am. He weighed 6 lbs 4 oz and was 19 1/2 in long.  This time with labor I could move my legs, feel my contractions, and I had the mirror to help me see which way pushing was doing any good.  I was a lot more worn out after this labor than with Araya. 
James was so excited he was nearly jumping for joy with the conformation that he was a boy.  Delivering in Conrad was a great experience.  Everyone was so nice and attentive, and Dr. Barron was great.  I look forward to delivering the next kid there. 



2 comments:

C said...

Congrats!!!! Sounds like you had a pretty good good size baby this time :) I can't wait to see pictures!!!

Sarah said...

Congrats! That is super exciting that you finally had Mason. We are anxious to meet him next time you come down. He is super cute as well.