Sunday, April 5, 2009

Archery Shoot

On General Conference Weekend we went to an archery shoot since James didn't have to be at the church on Sunday. We were so excited to get out and do some camping! It had stopped snowing and the weather was supposed to be nice. But little did we know! We left Friday morning to take the trailers to the camp ground (only about 20 mins from our house). We were just going to drop them off because James had to work that night and would come after he got off work. I went back home and got everything else ready for the weekend. We went with Vicki and Ernie and their boys. They picked me up on there way out at about 4pm and we headed to the camping spot. We hadn't been there 15 mins and it started snowing! Great, Araya and I were going to be spending a lot of time in the trailer. Luckily Vicki was there so I wasn't so board. We tried to get the heater working, but it wouldn't work, lovely. Good thing our friends are always prepared. They happened to bring an extra heater in case their heater when out. We used that and stayed pretty warm. It did drop down into the 20's, thank goodness for a camper! Saturday the P family went out and shot the course while I sat at the trailer with Araya. She had had a really bad cold and I didn't want her out in the wind and cold. I tried to check for conference on every station but couldn't find it. I was really disappointed, I was hoping to listen to conference that weekend. Oh well I would just watch it when we got home. We went and shot on Sunday. It had finally warmed up to the 50's and I got one heck of a burn to go with all the sunshine! We had so much fun and can't wait to go camping again. Below are a bunch of pictures that we took of the shoot.




















you had to kneel down and shoot between the log and the ground for this one!






Araya and Precious hanging out in the trailer










0 comments: