Thursday, April 2, 2009

Dentist, walking, and being sick in between

James and I went to the dentist yesterday. I haven't been since 2002, long time I know, but James and I both passed with a clean bill of health. I didn't realize how dirty my teeth were until I had them cleaned. They felt so good, nice and smooth, I kept rubbing my tongue on my teeth the whole way home. Araya went with us and as we were waiting in the waiting room, she was playing with the window sill. She discovered that if she puts her hands tightly on the wood then pull them they make a sound. She played with it for a good ten minutes. She is so good, she is starting to play with herself and keep her self entertained. The other day she was lying on my bed and she started making sounds (like I do when you fly her in the air like an airplane). She so reminded me of my nephew Gavin. He loves to make those types of sounds when he is playing. It was so cute and so funny. She is getting so big it is hard to believe it.

She also has started to learn how to walk. She can stand by herself for a little while and she took three steps. She was ruined from then on. She wants to be down on the floor but she wants to be standing and has to have someone help her walk around.

I had to take her to the doctor this morning, there has been a really bad cough going around and if left untreated is turning in to bronchitis. I really wanted to avoid that, and this morning she sounded terrible. She would cough then coke on the stuff coming up. The doctor said she was on the verge of getting an ear infection, irritated but not quite all the way there yet. He also said that her lungs are borderline of them being bad. He said keep her on the decongestant and he gave me an antibiotic to give her if she doesn't get any better in a couple of days. Pour kid, she is really happy through it all.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

There is so much nasty stuff going around right now. I hope that she gets to feeling better soon. We have had coughs, stuffy noses, fevers and ear infections going on in our house this past week. It is sooo not fun! And good for her for the walking! Such a fun thing to see.