Saturday, January 10, 2009

black out




The electricity went out last night for 3 hours! Luckily it wasn't that cold outside and the moon was very bright. I am terrified of the dark and of course James was at work. I ran outside, and stood in the cold for about 2 minutes trying to get the courage to go inside and find my phone. I went back inside grabbed my phone then went back outside to call James. I talked to him while I tried to find the lantern and lit a bunch of candles. Then I begged him to come home giving the excuse that he needed to make a fire so Araya wouldn't get cold. He decided to come home early from work so he could help me out. I am glad he did because it didn't come on for 3 more hours. James chopped some wood and made a fire for us, then we played scrabble for the next 2 hours till the lights came back on. I hate the dark, I am so thankful for lights and electricity!! Araya woke up at 6am, so I fed her and put her back in her bed hoping she would go back to sleep. Well she didn't go back to sleep but she played with her feet and blanket for an hour. She has started to say mum! yep Mom is going to be her first word I know it! I was looking at her baby pictures the other day and couldn't believe how much hair she had. I didn't realise that she had lost so much of it. It is finally starting to come back in, it looks blond but I think it is to soon to tell. Here is a picture of the living room just for you Aunt Bev. We still need to paint since the walls are pink!

2 comments:

Bev said...

Love your living room, especially the big huge window! You did a great job with the furniture. You know me, it's all about the decorating! I don't blame you about the dark...I hate it too! Glad your hubby came home to take good care of his girls! Keep warm! Araya is so stinkin' cute!! keep those pics coming!!

Sarah said...

We totally know how you feel. One night during a blizzard by yourself is no fun. What fun it is though. I miss it soooooo much. Will you guys email us your address?