Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Getting so Big!

Yesterday I asked James if we could move Araya's crib into our bedroom since she had completely outgrown her bassinet. He of course replied "no" she needs to sleep in her own room. I reluctantly agreed with him because putting the crib together was a lot of work and would be a pain to move it myself. Plus James would have been just a tad bit upset to come home and find it in our room. My reason for moving the crib (just so I don't sound like a crazy protective mom) her room isn't heated, the reason why is long and involved so we will just leave it at that. Our friends had let us borrow a heater to test it out to see if we want to get a couple. I spent the day cleaning her room and arranging it so she could sleep in her own bed that night. I was a little worried, I wouldn't be able to just roll over and check on her to see if she was ok, (she has a bad habit of getting unswaddled and pulling the blanket up over her head). I put her down for bed at 9pm and put the monitor next to her crib. Later as I was getting ready for bed and waiting for James to get home, I didn't' have to worry about being quiet or turning lights on and waking her up. It was really nice to have my room back. I had forgotten how big it really was. I didn't sleep very well that night, I was waiting for her to fuss or wake up and want to eat. But she slept through the night and didn't wake up till 5:30am. It was great! She slept so much better in her crib than she had in my room. I picked her up and played with her for a while then put her back in her bed with a couple of toys for her to play with. Me going to bed at 1am then waking up at 5 was really taking a toll. I came back in to check on her about 30 minutes later. She had spun 180 degrees and pulled her blanket off the side of the crib then was rolled up in it. How she accomplished that I have no Idea. I walk in and she is laying there sucking on her blanket, then she sees me and smiles. What's going on mom look what I got!

I took this one after she had fell asleep, I forgot to take one this morning.

1 comments:

Bev said...

I love that you are blogging these fun things with Araya!! Amazing and so sad at the same time with how quickly they grow up, but thanks for sharing it with us! Keep 'em coming. Aunt Bev
We love that we have our own family picture of you all. Thanks TONS!!